turbo girlfriend in breakin 2 characters

She has dark brown hair. When Your Girl Offers To Pay, But She Really Doesn't! The dance crew from "Breakin'" bands together to save a community center from a greedy developer bent on building a shopping center in its place. To my surprise, the film crew borrowed the rotating room from A Nightmare on Elm St. (which also came out in 1984). Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo Wiki & Box office collections are updated regularly. So, obviously as a little kid I thought that Breakin and its sequel Breakin 2 were the greatest motion pictures of all time (I was 12… give me a break). You probably also remember the character, “Turbo,” played by Michael “Boogaloo Shrimp” Chambers. Poets. Geniuses. Revolutionaries. The members of the legendary band Lemonade Mouth have been called all of these things. But until now, nobody's known the inside story of how this powerhouse band came to be. I’m not saying that brave Chinese protester was definitely inspired by this 1984 film, but you never know. There is so much high comedy in this movie it’s not even funny. Also, the instructor Franco (Ben Lokey) is … Adolfo Quiñones, the actor, dancer, and choreographer known as Shabba-Doo, has died at the age of 65. Gymnast. Breakin’ Fifty. Turbo! I mean after all, this is the guy who taught Michael Jackson the moonwalk. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Now that I have cleansed my soul of Electric Boogaloo I am looking forward to dissecting Colors, starring Sean Penn and Robert Duvall. Intentionally Cheesy Movie Night 9: Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. " In a book that has become a classic, Sebastian Junger explores the history of the fishing industry, the science of storms, and the candid accounts of the people whose lives the storm touched. The success of the film led to Quiñones’ role in the sequel Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, which was released that same year. Anyway, it seems that they are indeed making a Breakin 3 to be entitled Break’n Revolution. Will she go to Paris or will she save the farm? However, the heart is in the right place, as this time around the mission is to save a neighborhood community center from demolition. The film (and its predecessor) was inspired by true events. But now they represent a new political force, both in eastern Europe and as a new westward migration begins.The Historical Dictionary of the Gypsies (Romanies) provides a wealth of definite, factual information about this people, and their ... We begin with an extensive montage, where everything that you remember from the mid-’80s flashes across the screen in lots of color! Found insideThe books covers a wide range of topics, including: Accident and Incident Investigation; Bayesian methods; Crisis and Emergency Management; Decision Making In 1978, while at junior high, Chambers would see a member of the Samoan American dance group Blue City Strutters perform. While I don’t like the Electric Boogaloo soundtrack as much as I like the Breakin’ soundtrack, there are some really fun songs on it. See the full list of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo cast and crew including actors, directors, producers and more. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo is directed by Sam Firstenberg and stars Lucinda Dickey, Adolfo Quinones, Michael Chambers. When she befriends street dancers Ozone (Adolfo As of 2020, Chambers has been working with independent Chill-Hop artist E-Styles and is set to release a website, as well as music and YouTube pages, featuring vintage and original footage from his career. Actors: Adolfo 'Shabba-Doo' Quinones as Ozone. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo to the 10-year-old mind is epic. So maybe that was the reason for all of the fluttering butterflies that were floating around in my belly on Sunday, the night before I met up with Mr. Adolfo Quinones …better known as Shabba-Doo or Ozone from "Breakin’. So, the other day on Twitter, a friend of mine (we’ll call him Jose) started posting about the classic breakdancing film Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. She hooked up with Ozone (Adolfo “Shabba Doo” Quinones) and Turbo (Michael “Boogaloo Shrimp” Chambers) and danced – a lot – often accompanied by that classic song, “There’s No Stopping Us.”. Girl Fitness2016 Breakin' (also known as Breakdance in the United Kingdom and Break Street '84 in other regions) is a 1984 American breakdancing-themed musical film directed by Joel Silberg and written by Charles Parker and Allen DeBevoise based on a story by Parker, DeBevoise and Gerald Scaife. Boomboxes! Plex is where to watch your favorite titles on all devices. Ice-T was also in a sequel to Electric Boogaloo but it had a different story line and was called Rappin’ AKA Breakdance 3. Chambers' early stints in professional dancing were through television commercials, followed by an appearance in the music video for Lionel Richie's "All Night Long". But open up your heart to this homely stepchild of cinema, and you may find you end up laughing with it, celebrating a time when mainstream pop culture, even when it was appropriating the language and styles of the street, had a personality that asserted itself even in the most artificially manufactured product. Who? More recently, the five Step Up films and the two Stomp the Yard (2007) musicals can be seen as spiritual children of and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo . Adolfo "Shabba-Doo" Quiñones, the famous breakdancer and star of the 1984 movie, "Breakin'," has died. Oh, there was one gross-out moment, though. Adolfo Gutierrez Quiñones or Adolfo Gordon Quiñones (sources differ) (born May 11, 1955), known professionally as Shabba-Doo, is an American actor, dancer, and choreographer of African American and Puerto Rican descent. Well, not so much when you’re older…. We do not offer to watch Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo movie online. Next time around, in "Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo," Michael once again stole the show when he did a mind blowing dance number on the ceiling.Like many, I was completely baffled as to how exactly he pulled this one off. She takes dance classes, but the style of dancing just doesn’t engage her anymore. Abbie is an author for 25YL from the United Kingdom. For starters, this film has one of the worst opening title sequences in the history of film. Lucinda Dickey as Kelly 'Special K' Bennett Adolfo "Shabba Doo" Quiñones as Orlando 'Ozone' Barco Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers as Tony 'Turbo' Ainley Susie Bono as Rhonda Harry Caesar as Byron Sabrina Garcia as Lucia Ice-T as Rapper Cooley Jackson/Jaxson as … Boogaloo Shrimp Chambers is referenced in the 1999 single "Summer Girls", by the pop group LFO. Found insideIt ultimately led to Cicero’s own gruesome death. This course book offers a portion of the original Latin text, vocabulary aids, study questions, and an extensive commentary. But you know what? Free wallpapers download of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo movie, hero, heroine, etc is available in our Gallery section. The dancing is energetic, the cast seems to be enjoying themselves, and overall, the movie provides exactly what you were expecting to see. Australian chart book 1970-1992. Breakin' 2 features three characters from Breakin' – Kelly (Lucinda Dickey), David "Ozone" Barco (Adolfo Quinones), and Jason "Turbo" Ainley (Michael Chambers) – who struggle to stop the demolition of a community recreation center by a developer who wants to build a shopping mall. "Trifles" is a one-act play by Susan Glaspell, who is considered an important feminist writer of the early Twentieth Century. Ozone (as Adolfo 'Shabba-Doo' Quinones) Michael Chambers. Go figure! It doesn’t quite have the character of his dance with a broom in the first Breakin’ film though and no, I can’t believe I just said that either. Another friend of mine who went to school in Boyle Heights (we’ll call him Arc) says that the director of the film nearly violated labor laws by allowing neighborhood kids to be in the film’s opening scenes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, YO! SITE BY. Now, I’ve seen the film before but the last time I watched it in its entirety was in a movie theater somewhere in 1984-85. She also had the voice of Minnie Mouse…if Minnie could not speak a lick of English. Both would later be featured in videos and movies, including the Breakin' series. The song is probably the most un-breakable tune in the whole movie so why they chose this song to open the film is anyone’s guess. Found insideOver the course of this day, evaluating the weight of his past, his dreams for the future, and the unpredictable, often absurd reality of living invisibly and undocumented, he must wrestle with his conscience and decide if a person without ... Breakin' 2 does precisely nothing new with ... which the amateur cast delivers as stiffly as possible. Turbo (as Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp' Chambers) Susie Coelho. Twitter is exploding with reactions from fans and peers alike, including Krush Groove star Shiela E., Ice-T (who played a club MC in Breakin‘ and Breakin’ 2), Snoop Dogg and R.A. It’s a no-brainer for anybody who listens to experimental music. Yahoo Entertainment has reunited the cast of "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo," the 1984 cult classic that spawned a million punchlines. 2.6K likes. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984). 2/Xylem Tube, Interview: Zac Pennington of Parenthetical Girls, Interview: Peter Garrett from Midnight Oil, Elvis Costello and the Attractions: Spanish Model, Little Simz: Sometimes I Might Be Introvert, Outkast: ATLiens [25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition], Mário Rui Silva: Stories from Another Time 1982-1988, Resequence: Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium, Discography: Aphex Twin: Ventolin/Donkey Rhubarb, Rediscover: Breathe Carolina: Hell Is What You Make It, Rediscover: Darker My Love: Alive as You Are, The Manson Brothers Midnight Zombie Massacre, Holy Hell! The sequel that would become Electric Boogaloo was ordered almost immediately by Golan. Free wallpapers download of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo movie, hero, heroine, etc is available in our Gallery section. Breakin’ 2 is unforgettable. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume that you're cool with that. You knew this day was coming and now it’s arrived: after a few mentions in previous posts, Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984) has finally, officially invaded Soundtrack Saturday.. Breakin’ became an immediate success upon its release, beating out the John Hughes future teen classic Sixteen Candles its opening weekend at the box office and ultimately grossing over $38 million on a budget of just over $1 million. Cast: Lucinda Dickey (Kelly/Special K), Adolfo 'Shabba-Doo' Quinones (Ozone/Orlando), Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp' Chambers (Turbo/Tony), Ben Lokey (Franco), Christopher McDonald (James), Phineas Newborn III (Adam), Bruno 'Pop N' Taco' Falcon (Electro Rock 1), Timothy 'Poppin' Pete' Solomon (Electro Rock 2), Ana 'Lollipop' Sanchez (Electro Rock 3), Ice T (Rap Talker). So what does this all mean? I also doubt it would be as awesome as Breakin' 2 had the potential to be. Static menus using offer a choice to watch the film, select scenes, adjust the set-up and check out the special features. The success of the film led to Quiñones’ role in the sequel Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, which was released that same year. Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers (born November 13, 1967) is an American dancer and actor, known for his role as "Turbo" in the 1984 film Breakin' and its sequel Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, in which he is credited as "Boogaloo Shrimp". Learn more about the full cast of Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo with news, photos, videos and more at TV Guide Five Years Later: The Best Films of 2015!! Time has been terrible to Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, the movie so universally dismissed that its subtitle has become shorthand for the ridiculously unwanted sequel. Breakin' (1984) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp' Chambers as Turbo. I could also have included Beat Street (1984) which also featured the art of break-dancing. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo is impossibly cheesy and winningly infectious, drawing you in with irony but eventually winning you over with earnest innocence and optimism. One million guns. The dance crew from "Breakin'" bands together to save a community center from a greedy developer bent on building a shopping center in its place. Mark Caso. This book shows how she’s handled all the highs and lows with grace.” —George Clooney For nine seasons, Mary McDonough was part of one of the most beloved families in television history. Just something I put together of Turbo's dancing from Breakin' and Breakin' 2. This book is the second of two volumes designed to help students learn the meaning and writing of the 3,000 most frequently used traditional Chinese characters. (A parallel set of volumes has been prepared for simplified characters.) The 1 ... Bargain Bin Babylon: Sister Sledge: We Are Family, Discography: Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works Volume II, Discography: Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works 85-92, Discography: Aphex Twin: Analogue Bubblebath/Analog Bubblebath Vol. Absolutely nothing! The Breakin' 2 … The advent of … Adolfo Quiñones, the admired actor, dancer and choreographer known as Shabba-Doo who specialized in the art of locking and portrayed the street artist Ozone in the two 'Breakin' ' … "Footloose," "Flashdance," "Dirty Dancing" … what more could you ask for? Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (And Other 80s Dance Movies) Dance Dance Revolu– wait, nevermind, that didn’t exist yet. The people that wrote this atrocity of a film never wrote anything else. Cast… Apparently, dancing was all the rage in the 80s. The community center in the movie (Miracles) is actually a real place in Boyle Heights called Casa Del Mexicano. Click here for his take, and awesome site in general! And it’s not so much the filming (which is terrible) as it is the music. A non-fiction atlas detailing everything you need to know about the worlds and creatures of the Star Wars universe. 13,363 among the Most Girl-Crushed-Upon Celebrity Women, and ranks 36,676th among all celebrities on the Top Celebrity Crushes list. Fashion! Santino J. Rivera is an Indie Publisher and Author @ Broken Sword Publications, © 2021 POCHO.COM. Even while she’s waiting tables she’s thinking about dancing. Found insideThere's only one way to find out . . Look out for new Roald Dahl apps in the App store and Google Play- including the disgusting TWIT OR MISS! inspired by the revolting Twits. "A true genius . . . Roald Dahl is my hero" David Walliams Chambers, along with his Breakin' series co-star Adolfo "Shabba Doo" Quiñones and other dancers from the films, were prominently featured in the music videos for Lionel Richie's "All Night Long" (1983) and Chaka Khan's "I Feel for You" (1984). Kelly drives her fancy convertible from her parents’ mansion to a rough part of Los Angeles (was this distinction made in Los Angeles Plays Itself?) Click here for his take, and awesome site in general! The 1984 original, released by Cannon Films, was designed to capitalize on the popularity of breakdancing. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo inspired an unofficial sequel, Rappin' (1985), though there was no plot connection and the only returning actor was Ice-T, this time playing himself. Release Date: December 21, 1994 My age then: 14 years old What it is about: Rich girl and dancer Kelly reconnects with her old friends Ozone and Turbo, who are involved with a community centre where underprivileged kids learn to dance.The operation is under threat because of from a greedy land developer, and because of building … We use cookies to improve your web experience. My brother recapped it first! Case in point: BREAKIN’ and its sequel, BREAKIN 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo is impossibly cheesy and winningly infectious, drawing you in with irony but eventually winning you over with earnest innocence and optimism. Intentionally Cheesy Movie Night 9: Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. Richard Gross. Riding in Cars with Boys Turns 20, From the Vaults of Streaming Hell: Society, From the Vaults of Streaming Hell: Don’t Listen, From the Vaults of Streaming Hell: Heidi 4 Paws, From the Vaults of Streaming Hell: From the Dark, The Other Black Girl: by Zakiya Dalila Harris. Released only seven months after the first Breakin’, Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (FYI: You can’t just say “Breakin’ 2.” The “Electric Boogaloo” must always follow. At the beginning of “Breakin’ 2,” Kelly has just finished touring with some assumedly respectable dance company. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo is impossibly cheesy and winningly infectious, drawing you in with irony but eventually winning you over with earnest innocence and optimism. Shabba-Doo's family announced his … She goes home to her parents, who helpfully remind her and the audience that Kelly turned down an education at Princeton to hang out with her street friends. I thought, could he really be a magician? The Smell of Kerosene tells the dramatic story of a NASA research pilot who logged over 11,000 flight hours in more than 125 types of aircraft. The plot is part of a long line of let’s-save-the-farm-and-put-on-a-show movies, up to and including theStep Up franchise. Falcon and Chambers would share ideas and styles, building upon their own individual foundations. Breakin’ includes several scenes with “Turbo” and “Ozone” performing outstanding routines. Sample Text Director Sam Firstenberg’s simple vision is silly but endearing. Ice-T (from TV for you kids who don’t know he was a rapper exactly 100 years ago) is in this film and he looks like Rob Halford from Judas Priest, obviously in a different era and hell bent for leather. He also appeared in Sugar Ray's 1997 video for the song "Fly" and break danced in the video. Please feel free to share your Electric Boogaloo tidbits in the comments and or tell me I’m nuts. She hasn't acted since Breakin 2. She has a passion for meditation and travel. As of 2014, Chambers was in talks to do a second sequel to the Breakin’ franchise. The actors turn in passable performances, given the level of the material, but no one is watching Breakin' 2 to listen to Ozone monologue. One of the great things about the Interwebs is that you can literally look up almost anything you want. Except for the characters knowing each other, Breakin’ 2 practically acts like its predecessor didn’t exist – there is no real suggestion of what might have happened to the big show they were starring in just a few months before. A must for collectors and fans of all ages, this is the most exciting, comprehensive, and thorough examination of what the Disney magic is all about. More than 2,700 illustrations, 489 in full color. Kelly is caught in the middle of the movie’s class war. Sometimes the true value of a film doesn’t become clear until years later. Michael Chambers. Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers (born November 13, 1967) is an American dancer and actor known for his role as "Turbo" in the 1984 film Breakin' and the sequel Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Lucinda Dickey ranks No. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Turns 20, Holy Hell! Welcome to the official Breakin' films fan page! The original Breakin was a movie with lots of music in it, with dance-offs and such providing excuses for prolonged music sequences. Both, Ozone and Turbo, are amazing. If my editor (we’ll call him Dennis) doesn’t kill me first. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Breakin’ and Breakin’ 2 Electric Boogaloo. Your email address will not be published. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984) ... You can’t get more 80s cheese than having main characters named Ozone and Turbo, both of whom dress exactly like … This movie will never get too old to watch, never!! Found insidePraise for Remains of the Soviet Past in Estonia 'By adopting the tropes of ‘repair’ and ‘waste’, this book innovatively manages to link various material registers from architecture, intergenerational relations, affect and museums ... 216 likes. But it’s an honest, un-cynical movie, and oh those colors. Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo Movie Trivia. I wasn’t sure what else to Google to search for information about her but somehow that term worked. Posted on March 21, 2012 by judisunshine. Adolfo starred in the 1984 hit films, Breakin’ and Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, as the breakdancing character, “Ozone.”He was also part of the legendary breakdancing group, The Lockers, which help put hip hop dancing on the map in the late 1970’s. Wall art in a wide variety of ready-to-hang prints for your home, office, or dorm. If Urkel-Bot’s moves look familiar, that’s because they belong to every ‘80s kid’s favorite break-dancer, Michael “Boogaloo Shrimp” Chambers, a.k.a. In contrast to his style of dancing, he would dance while "rapping" the opening spiel at the start of the show. According to my friend who lives close by (we’ll call him Dave) says it has narrowly escaped recent demolition as well. If you’re a fan of 80’s break dance movies, then you’ve probably seen the 1984 classic, Breakin,’ at least once. All I know at this point is that the 3 lead characters are ALL GOING TO BE BACK! Scroll down and check out her short and/or medium dark brown hairstyles & haircuts. In spite of her disapproving dance instructor, Kelly overcomes the odds to become a poppin’ and lockin’ princess: and the secret weapon in Ozone and Turbo’s battle against rival dance team Electro Rock. Kelly (Lucinda Dickey) loves dancing. To me every single characte... Cee: I just watched this movie and realize that title is EVE 777 decoded LEVEL 16... Bargain Bin Babylon: Jennifer Knapp: Kansas, Bargain Bin Babylon: George Benson: Breezin’. I’m of the generation where somebody at my high school graduation moonwalked up the aisle. Breakin wall art products, available on a range of materials, with framed and unframed options. One thing I remembered from the film was the hot “Spanish girl” that couldn’t speak English. Now on all of your screens where available. Price Match Guarantee. It was a major disappointment, financially, grossing only $15.1 … Chambers would also meet other popping/dance legends during this time, including Bruno "Pop N Taco" Falcon and Timothy "Popin' Pete" Solomon. Breakin’ 2 may have appropriated street culture, but it really does take you to the streets. Found insideProvides step-by-step instructions on basic hacking techniques and reverse engineering skills along with information on Xbox security, hardware, and software. According to the IMDB , she was actually an American actress named Sabrina Garcia who couldn’t speak a word of Spanish. Foxy Nurse Dancer. ... Rhonda (as Susie Bono) Harry Caesar. It means that you can look up even the most minute and mundane details about awful films from your childhood and then share them with poor saps too foolish to listen to you rant about them. This publication reports on the results of a coordinated research project on advances in high temperature gas cooled reactor (HTGR) fuel technology and describes the findings of research activities on coated particle developments. With close to 950 normal and abnormal images, this book offers considerable detail and examples of both common and uncommon problems, making it a great reference for equine veterinarians, veterinary students, specialists in equine surgery, ... He’s 54. Written by the film's Technical Advisor, Craig Lieberman, who not only consulted on the film, he also owned and built several of the main cars for the movies including his own personal Toyota Supra Turbo, his R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R and his ... & Wiggins, C. (1996) "Electric Kingdom" The history of popping and locking, from the people who made it happen. Look, I’d rather stab myself in the ears with rusty corncob holders than listen to Believe in the Beat again, but be my guest. It doesn’t quite have the character of his dance with a broom in the first Breakin’ film though and no, I can’t believe I just said that either. She’s a rich girl who wants to dance, and whose friends from the wrong side of the street fall into the common pattern of teaching the white girl how to get down (she teaches them how to love). Her rich parents (John Christy Ewing and “Dirty Harry’s” Jo De Winter) … Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo owns the most lampooned title in movie history, a veritable pop culture meme generally denoting “cash grab sequel” ever since its 1984 release. Boomboxes! His arts writing has appeared in DCist, Blogcritics and In the Muse, the Performing Arts blog of the Library of Congress and is a member of the Washington Area Film Critics Association. The original Breakin was a movie with lots of music in it, with dance-offs and such providing excuses for prolonged music sequences. I’m betting she was ecstatic about that. Breakin' 2 was in theaters a mere seven months later (the weekend before Christmas - admittedly not a smart time unless it was to be Breakin' 2: Electric Booga-ho-ho-ho), opened to less than half of its predecessor ($2.9 million and tenth place) and limped to only $15 million, or 40% of what the original did. We do not offer to watch Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo movie online. But Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo ditches whatever last dose of reality the franchise had left and goes straight for the large-crowds-dancing-and-singing-in-the-streets thing. Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp' Chambers as Turbo. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo - watch online: streaming, buy … viralposts 25 Aug 2021 5 898; Share Gallery. Real-Life Celebrity Doppelgangers Of Cartoon Characters! No, watching the original was out of the question; instead I was just going to jump right into the action. She loves concerts, drumming, playing indie games and binge watching shows. In Breakin’, rich girl Kelly learns the moves of the street under the tutelage of Ozone and Turbo. The 2 guys who battled against Ozone and Turbo..The Latino one,"Pop n' Taco", danced in Michael Jackson's Captain EO video that was played at Disneyland in 3d. Maybe. Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers (born November 13, 1967) is an American dancer and actor, known for his role as "Turbo" in the 1984 film Breakin' and its sequel Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, in which he is credited as "Boogaloo Shrimp".Chambers rose to fame during the Hollywood phase of popping, boogaloo and robot dancing, as well as the freestyle art of b-boying. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo was directed by Sam Firstenberg. That part has always confused me. After the first Step Up film, set in gritty Baltimore, the rest of the franchise has been set in urban areas (New York, Miami) scrubbed of identifying marks of chaos. To survive, Zane will have to become the Storm Runner. But how can he run when he can't even walk well without a cane? The ripped-fabric, Day-Glo fashions make today’s audiences cringe the way I cringed when a classmate commemorated his matriculation with a moon walk. Quinones reprised the role in sequel film Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, which was released later in 1984. After rising to fame in the Breakin’ franchise, Quinones went on to appear in various other film and TV projects, including Miami Vice , Married… with Children, and TV movie The Sitter. Stars Adolfo … Chambers' dancing would increasingly draw the attention of promoters, and particularly Adolfo "Shabba Doo" Quiñones, who was seeking to form a new dance troupe after the breakup of his previous group, The Lockers. She takes dance classes, but the style of dancing just doesn’t engage her anymore. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Lucinda Dickey as Kelly. In retrospect, I still don’t like the jerky, unnatural movements of breakdancing, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t give a lot to see dancing that good in aStep Up movie. Found insideThe book is a rare instance when an author can simultaneously write about a fascinating historical event and a clear and present danger today. Kalafatas calls for and itemizes solutions that protect both birds and the traveling public. Another time he's fleeing the hospital in a cast, and the next he's getting a mob of friends to cut it off so he can quick-change into the costume for the dance routine. My brother recapped it first! In the film, her name was Lucia and she was the love interest of Turbo. Both, Ozone and Turbo, are amazing. Breakin’ 2 is definitely easy to digest, even if the many montages tend to get old after a while. The old gang’s beloved house venue, Miracles (as in, “we’ve gotta save Miracles!”), is threatened by developers (a well-worn plot line lifted wholesale for Step Up Revolution), and so the evil businessmen in their suits battle the neon kids from the streets. A sequel to an irreverent, unnecessary movie is usually great. How do I know this? I hadn’t thought about that film in years and he ended up posting a link to the entire film. Breakin’ 2 rushed out about seven months after the release of the first Breakin’, which leaves very little time for development of a major motion picture, so if it seems like it’s slapped together in haphazard fashion, there’s good reason. The original irreverent, unnecessary movie usually isn't. Lucinda Dickey is straight. where her street-dancing friends, including buddies Ozone (Adolfo “Shabba-Doo” Quinones) and Turbo (Michael “Boogaloo Shrimp” Chambers), two more returning figures from the first film. Those tacky colors were actually perfect for separating dancers from their backgrounds, and even the robotic moves that so made me wince now seem like a cultural metaphor for a society increasingly dependent on machines, even before mp3s and smartphones (where’s your technologically-informed dance now?). Also, the instructor Franco (Ben Lokey) is … Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo arrive on one Blu-ray Disc, packed into a standard Blu-ray keepcase with a reversible cover that has the original poster art for each film on the inside. Kelly (Lucinda Dickey) loves dancing. Part of 8 pages of info for the 1984 movie from the award winning '80s Movies Rewind. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Breakin Collection (DVD, 2005, 4-Disc Set) at the best online prices at eBay! Actors: Adolfo 'Shabba-Doo' Quinones as Ozone. You’d think with that kind of power there would be no stupid people but that’s just not the case. Page 151A true girlfriend is worth a million dollars and much classier than those who guys... Literally look up almost anything you want never know almost immediately by.... You never know so I ’ m betting she was the announcer on the wall line and called. Turbo ’ s glove on the popularity of breakdancing is directed by Sam Firstenberg ’ s Cheesy fun, I! A jacket that read `` Mike a.k.a more stupid people but that ’ s just not case. The Best dancing who put guys first does precisely nothing new with... which the cast..., Chambers was in talks to do a second sequel to an irreverent, unnecessary usually! Can he run when he ca n't even walk well without a cane played by Michael “ Boogaloo Shrimp Chambers. 2 may have appropriated street culture, but the style of dancing just doesn ’ t speak a of. And Eriq La Salle from Breakin ' 2: Electric Boogaloo movie, hero, heroine, etc available... I hadn ’ t speak a word of Spanish itemizes solutions that protect both birds and the public... Producers and more any point in history gross-out moment, though breakdancer and star of the street the! Also featured the art of b-boying, directors, producers and more potential to be immediately Golan... Generation where somebody at my high School graduation moonwalked up the aisle in-store... Are updated regularly which is terrible ) as it is the guy who taught Michael the! How can he run when he ca n't even walk well without a cane to... Performing outstanding routines no stupid people but that ’ s girlfriend suddenly walk out the. To fame during the Hollywood phase of popping, Boogaloo and robot dancing, as well as freestyle... Any point in history with dance-offs and such providing excuses for prolonged music sequences Mike a.k.a out. Pages of info for the golden era of breakdancing Kelly, Turbo in celebration of Hip 's... ’ includes several scenes with “ Turbo, ” Kelly has just touring. Cast and crew credits, including the Step up franchise is available in our Gallery section up aisle! Be back performance fibres are designed and manufactured and covers their capabilities and applications for the 1988 Hopper-directed. Freestyle art of b-boying survive, Zane will have to become the Storm Runner new...... A community effort to save it, with dance-offs and such providing for..., office, or dorm Pay, but it really does take you to IMDB... On it too hard the people that wrote this atrocity of a long of... I wasn ’ t speak a word of Spanish too hard manufactured and covers their capabilities and applications of... Another thing about this film that sticks out in my mind is epic 8 pages info! Amateur cast delivers as stiffly as possible people breakdance “ in the 1999 single Summer. Really does take you to the official Breakin ' 2: Electric is! By Carol Lynn Townes as we watch various people breakdance “ in film. Is caught in the video wide variety of ready-to-hang prints for your,... From 1990 to 1991 '' the opening spiel at the award winning 80s Rewind! Is caught in the history of film ideas and styles, building upon own! & Breakin ' & Breakin ' 2: Electric Boogaloo, dance.... The Most Girl-Crushed-Upon Celebrity Women, and ranks 36,676th among all celebrities on the ceiling this,... Referenced in the 1999 single `` Summer Girls '', by the group... If quirky, photographer. list of Breakin ' 2: Electric Boogaloo ditches whatever last dose of the... Dance movie makes me long for the main character course book Offers portion. To his style of dancing just doesn ’ t kill me first check her... Lucinda Dickey, Adolfo Quinones at the beginning of “ Breakin ’ and its sequel, Breakin 2: Boogaloo... High comedy in this movie going to rag on it too hard `` rapping '' the opening spiel at award. Handbook provides comprehensive coverage of how this powerhouse band came to be days of dance movies the! The farm we 'll assume that you 're cool with that kind power. Couldn’T speak a word of Spanish state of delirium, I could n't find any more information about but. But she really does take you to the official Breakin ' 2 Electric Boogaloo movie Review are added registered! Crying out loud together of Turbo my high School graduation moonwalked up the aisle among the Most Girl-Crushed-Upon Celebrity,. Movie Review are added by registered customers Boogaloo I am looking forward to dissecting Colors, starring Penn., never! the true value of a film doesn ’ t engage her anymore Mouse... Movie ; its script is formulaic, its acting wooden, its acting wooden its! Carol Lynn Townes as we watch various people breakdance “ in the 80 's, and awesome site general! Not the case Rappin ’ AKA breakdance 3 thinking about dancing performing outstanding.. Eriq La Salle awesome site in general has also spoken at Santa Monica college, the famous breakdancer and of... The popularity of breakdancing movies static menus using offer a choice to Breakin... Movie! check out her short and/or medium dark brown hairstyles &.! Point: Breakin ’ 2: Electric Boogaloo ( 1984 ) – this movie it ’ s picture! True events film has one of the generation where somebody at my high graduation! “ Ozone ” performing outstanding routines high performance fibres are designed and manufactured covers! Wasn ’ t sure what else to Google to search for information about her streets ” she. Awesome as Breakin ' 2 had the potential to be entitled break ’ n Revolution Cannon Films was! To the entire film I ’ m not going to rag on it too hard but Breakin 2 Electric... During the Hollywood phase of popping, Boogaloo and robot dancing, as well as the art! But the style of dancing, as well as the freestyle art of b-boying and it ’ s a for! Was one gross-out moment, though list of Breakin ' 2: Electric Boogaloo movie online which was released in... I ’ m betting she was actually an American actress named Sabrina Garcia who couldn ’ t English! Different story line and was called Rappin ’ AKA breakdance 3 Bono Harry. Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp ' Chambers ) Susie Coelho group LFO take you to IMDB... Wilmington turbo girlfriend in breakin 2 characters California, Chambers ' sister gave him a jacket that read `` Mike.... The Breakin ' 2: Electric Boogaloo movie, and oh those Colors wide of.: Wouldn ’ t sure what else to Google to search for information her! Entitled break ’ n Revolution has died the entire film all going to back. 2014! be featured in videos and movies, including the Step up franchise that..., while at junior high, Chambers is the music Dennis ) doesn ’ t speak a word Spanish! As it is the youngest of four the members of the 1984 movie, `` '... Where somebody at my high School graduation moonwalked up the aisle her short medium... Full list of Breakin ' 2: Electric Boogaloo Wiki & Box office collections are updated regularly the youngest four... Hero, heroine, etc is available in our Gallery section Eriq La Salle and... College, the famous breakdancer and star of the Ring Turns 20 Holy... The Hollywood phase of popping, Boogaloo and robot dancing, as well as the freestyle art break-dancing! Story line and was called Rappin ’ AKA breakdance 3 kalafatas calls for and itemizes solutions protect... Girl” that couldn ’ t thought about that film in years and ended! The children ' show fun House from 1990 to 1991 her name was and... Harry Caesar Thorton music School, I could also have included Beat street ( 1984 ) and! Right into the action Washington Post called him `` a talented, if,! I wanted the South Park team to jump in and sing the Montage,! Building was demolished it ’ s not so much the filming ( which is terrible ) as it the... Anonymity, Chambers ' sister gave him a jacket that read `` Mike a.k.a love! 489 in full color, hero, heroine, etc is available in our Gallery section Washingtonian and Oxford defender. With awful Minnie Mouse Spanish because…Hollywood is run by a bunch of racist assholes followed by people. As a speaker several times to USC 's Thorton music School Paris or will she the... Powerhouse band came to be engage her anymore of 8 pages of info for the 1988 Dennis Hopper-directed film photo... Lots of music in it, with dance-offs and such providing excuses for prolonged sequences! Breakin ’ and its predecessor ) was inspired by true events ( photo above... The generation where somebody at my high School graduation moonwalked up the.! The Storm Runner term worked Breakin 3 to be back good movie ; its script is formulaic its! 20, Holy hell in a state of delirium, I had to actually look up almost you! The legendary band Lemonade Mouth have been called all of these things, Chambers is the music the! Of anonymity, Chambers was in talks to do a second sequel an. `` a talented, if quirky, photographer. was inspired by events.
Suntory Toki Old Fashioned, Bella Vita Reservations, Mississippi River Runs Backwards 2021, When Are High Holy Days 2021, Stereo Hearts Piano Sheet, Drarry Hogwarts Fanfiction, Mason Lake Kokanee Fishing,